1. Can I fax or email the documents needed to register my organization?
During the COVID-19 emergency, the Grants Gateway will only be accepting Registration Forms for Administrators via email instead of physical mail. Please complete the form as stated in the instructions (including notarization). Scan the completed form, W-9 form (if applicable), and organization chart and email to [email protected].
2. How long does it take to complete the registration process?
Allow for 5-10 business days to complete the registration process. If any registration materials are missing or incomplete when received by Grants Management, the process could take additional time.
3. How long does it take for my organization to receive a Statewide Financial System (SFS) Vendor ID?
Typically, the SFS Vendor ID will be generated 2-3 business days after Grants Management has submitted the request on your behalf.
4. I have lost my password and can’t log in.
Passwords can be reset by clicking the “Forgot Password” link on the Grants Gateway login page. If you do not know your user ID, email the Grants Gateway help desk at [email protected].
5. I have been locked out of the system because I have entered the wrong password too many times.
If you forgot your password, click the “Forgot Password” link on the login page. Alternately, if you remember your password, the timeout lasts for 15 minutes and you can try again after that time.
6. What roles are used for what functions within the Grants Gateway?
- Grantee Delegated Administrator: The Grantee Delegated Administrator is the user in the registered organization who is responsible for performing user management tasks within the Grants Gateway system. This includes, but is not limited to, creating user accounts, maintaining user accounts, and ensuring accounts remain current on behalf of a registered organization. The Grantee Delegated Administrator cannot work on Applications or Contracts. For non-profit organizations, the Grantee Delegated Administrator is the user that manages, edits, saves, and submits the Document Vault.
- Grantee: The Grantee role is for users responsible for performing tasks related to grant applications using the Grants Gateway. Grantees can begin, save, and review applications. They can work on and save contract details but cannot submit applications or sign contracts.
- Grantee Contract Signatory: The Grantee Contract Signatory role is for users authorized to review, edit, and sign contracts on behalf of the organization. Users in this role may initiate, edit, and submit applications.
- Grantee Payment Signatory: The Grantee Payment Signatory role is for users authorized to review and submit payment requests on behalf of the organization.
- Grantee System Administrator: The Grantee System Administrator role is for users authorized to complete all the tasks required of a grantee user, and can also submit applications and sign contracts.
- Grantee View Only: The Grantee View Only role is for registered organization users authorized to view all information for the organization. This role is assigned permission to view documents, reports and statuses.
7. I need a different role. / How can I change my role in the Grants Gateway system?
Once created, user roles cannot be changed. If you require a new role in the system, the Grantee Delegated Administrator at your organization can create a new account for you. It is acceptable and common for some users to have multiple roles and thus multiple accounts in the Grants Gateway system.
8. How do I initiate a grant application for my organization?
Users must be logged into the Grants Gateway with the role of Grantee, Grantee System Administrator, or Grantee Contract Signatory to initiate an application. You cannot initiate an application in any other role. When logged in with the correct role, click the View Opportunities link on your homepage to search for grant opportunities.
9. How do I locate an application that I or someone at my organization has already started?
If your organization has started an application, the user that started the application will be able to find it in the “My Tasks” section of the homepage. Other logged-in users for your organization can click the “Applications” link at the top of any Grants Gateway page and search for the application based on any of the criteria provided.
10. How do I locate a contract that my organization has been awarded?
Some users at your organization may have been assigned the contract as a task. If that is the case, those users will be able to find the contract in the “My Tasks” section of the homepage. Other logged-in users for your organization can click the “Contracts” link at the top of any Grants Gateway page and search for the contract based on any of the criteria provided.
11. If I have located an Application or Contract in the Grants Gateway for my organization, but I can’t complete a task that I need to, what is the problem?
In most cases, when a user can’t complete a task, it is because they are not logged in with the right role. When users are created, they are assigned a role. Each role has certain abilities in the Grants Gateway. Refer to question 6 above to ensure that you are logging in with a user in the right role. If you require a different role, your Grantee Delegated Administrator must create a new account for you.