The Grant Opportunity Portal provides a one-stop-shop for anyone interested in identifying New York State grant funding opportunities. Anyone can access the Grant Opportunity Portal. A username and password are not necessary to view anticipated and available grant opportunities.
Opportunities for funding can be identified in the Grant Opportunity Portal. Viewers can review the Grant Opportunity Profile overview or access the full Request for Proposal (RFP) by clicking on the View Grant Opportunity button at the bottom of the opportunity profile.
Visitors can also sign-up to receive email notifications whenever a State agency posts a grant opportunity.
To apply for and manage grants, visitors will need to obtain access to the Grants Gateway, the State’s online grant management system. Username and password are required to access the Grants Gateway.
Visitors can Browse for opportunities in the Grant Opportunity Portal and can easily sort the list of opportunities by clicking the column headers. Visitors can also Search for specific grant opportunities using the following criteria:
- Grant Opportunity Name: Search for whole or partial names and words
- Due Date: Search on due date range
- Status: Search for opportunities that are currently available, anticipated, or closed
- Eligibility: Search for opportunities open to specific types of applicants, including Not-For-Profit, For Profit, Governmental Entity, Tribal Organization, or Individual
- Funding Agency: Search for opportunities offered by a specific State agency
- Service Area: Search for opportunities based specific areas of service, including Education Supports, Family Supports, Health Services, Housing and Shelter Services, Justice Services, Workforce Development, Agricultural Supports, Environmental Supports, Public Transportation Services, Public Safety Supports, and/or Government Supports
Visitors can sign up to receive email alert notifications based on chosen service areas when new funding opportunities are posted. This simple process requires little more than an email address.
Health and Human Services
Housing and Shelter Services
Non Health and Human Services
Public Transportation Supports
Public Safety Supports
NOTE: Users can choose one, some, or all service areas. To be notified of all grant opportunities, choose all.
Access Grants Gateway
Visitors interested in taking the next step and preparing to apply for a grant will need to obtain access to the Grants Gateway. This requires an account and the corresponding username and password. Each Gateway user must be associated with a registered organization, such as a nonprofit corporation, for-profit corporation, or municipality.
New Gateway Users
If it has not previously used the Grants Gateway, you will need to Register Your Organization. You will receive your account as part of the registration process.
If it is already registered with the Grants Gateway, your organization will have an its own administrator who is responsible for managing users. Contact your administrator to request an account.
If you are unsure of whether your organization has registered for the Grants Gateway or how to contact your administrator, use the New York State SFS Vendor ID Search feature in the Grant Opportunity Portal. If you do not know your organization’s SFS Vendor ID, someone in your finance office may be able to assist you. Alternatively, contact the Grants Gateway helpdesk for support.
Current Gateway Users
If you already have a Gateway account, Login here.